Art Security & Asset Theft Prevention
ART AND ASSET THEFT PROTECTION FOR PRIVATE COLLECTIONS
AVANTE patented Real-time locating system (RTLS) with RFID ZONER™ asset tags monitors your fine art, paintings, antiques and other valuable collections 24/7/365 every second. It provides unparalleled visibility of the position, movement, temperature, and humidity conditions of specific pieces of art with embedded advanced sensors.
The RFID ZONER™ tag is small and low profile so that it can be covertly and non-destructively attached to the critical parts of the art. With multi-sensor data collection, coupled with closed circuit video monitoring, the IP-based RFID monitoring solution provides real-time multi-layer security and safety data to your monitoring centers and services anywhere anytime.
The system is as effective when installed in homes and estates with landline communication, or on yachts at sea with the data periodically communicated via GPRS and Satellite communications when landline communication is not available. AVANTE RELAYER™ readers provide direct communication independent of any existing system as well as provide inputs to existing communication infrastructure onboard of yachts and ships.ART THEFT PROTECTION FOR MUSEUMS AND GALLERIES
AVANTE patented Real-time locating system (RTLS) with RFID ZONER™ asset tags and monitors can be used on fine art, paintings, antiques and other valuable collections to provide 24/7/365 monitoring every second over multiple floors. It provides unparalleled visibility of the position, movement, temperature and humidity conditions of specific pieces of art with embedded advanced sensors.
The RFID ZONER™ tag is small and low profile that can be covertly and non-destructively attached directly to the object of interest. With multi-sensor data collection, coupled with closed circuit video monitoring, the IP-based RFID monitoring solution provides real-time multi-layer security and safety data to your monitoring centers and services anywhere anytime.
Besides interfacing seamlessly with existing security systems, AVANTE ASSET-GUARDIAN™ is also designed to work independently. AVANTE RELAYER™ readers provide direct communication independent of any existing system as well as provide inputs to existing communication infrastructure.
For more information on other applications:
Art show-exhibition security and asset theft prevention has a new technology solution!
AVANTE ASSET-GUARDIAN™ RFID Real-Time Monitoring System provides art and other valuable asset theft prevention with unparalleled security and reliability. ASSET-GUARDIAN is an ideal adjunct to and supplement for existing gallery and museum security systems or homes and facilities with valuable assets.
Securing valuable art and collections in museums, galleries, art shows and exhibitions against theft or loss is a highly demanding process which depends a lot on people to execute the correct procedures at all times. Even with the best efforts, substantial and sometimes disappointing losses cannot be prevented.
Valuable assets in home and facilities may be protected by a general perimeter or motion based security system. However, dependence on a wired phone network may be a security and reliability concern. AVANTE ASSET-GUARDIAN™ provides direct item level asset monitoring and instant alerts for any movements of the assets.
AVANTE ASSET-GUARDIAN™ RFID art and asset security and theft prevention system was developed to provide 24/7/365 protection for fine art, antiques, and valuable collections. This patented intelligent protection and monitoring system uses the best of wireless and communication technologies to provide a cost effective solution. ASSET-GUARDIAN™ provides tracking and monitoring and services in private homes, yachts, museums and galleries.
With the ability to quickly setup and tear down, as proven in many tradeshows and exhibitions using the AVANTE active RFID solution, this specially configured AVANTE ASSET-GUARDIAN™ RFID art and collectible security solution can help to prevent art and collectible theft during sale and exhibition events.
The principles and utility of this patented art and collectible security technology are simple to use and understand:
- A miniature low-profile RFID ZONER™ tag with temperature, humidity and motion sensors is attached directly with non-destructive adhesive to the valuable piece to be monitored and protected. The RFID ZONER™ tag is normally placed covertly behind a painting, underneath an antique or protective casing or on the holder of the specific valuable.
- Authorized staff and security personnel are encouraged to wear the RFID ZONER™ badges.
- Each RFID ZONER™ tag transmits and communicates every second to the monitoring RTLS.
- A grid of real-time locating RFID RELAYER™ readers is installed around the perimeter of the area to be protected.
- Exception rules based on movement, position, temperature and humidity, and who among the authorized personnel is around are used to provide exception reporting in real-time. All other data are collected and may be viewed in synchronization with the IP-video or other CCTV monitoring system.
- The system provides alerts and alarms well before a canvass is cut or a protective casing is broken.
- The RFID ZONER™ tag and RELAYER™ readers are covert and self-monitoring to prevent any tampering.
ASSET-GUARDIAN™ art and collectible security system uses robust IP-based communications and built-in wireless redundancy besides interfacing with existing security systems:
- The RTLS is IP-based and data can be monitored from anywhere and anytime.
- Communications and exceptions are normally fed directly and synchronized with other security systems but also reported independently whenever there is exception.
- Monitoring software uses .NET web-based framework to provide seamless and easy integration and communication via web services with legacy and other security systems.
- An additional safety feature of on-demand real-time reporting is a common feature on all personnel RFID ZONER™ badges in case of emergency or need for additional help.
- This system works 24/7/365 independent of other security systems. The RFID ZONER™ tag and badge batteries last at least 5 years.
- AVANTE also provides backup monitoring data center services for redundancy and archival of data for customers needing such information.
- The costs for the system, installation, and services are minimal in comparison to security staff.
Some historic art crimes that may have been avoided or prevented if the AVANTE ART-GUARDIAN™ security solution was available and installed:
Robbery of priceless works of art from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, 2 Palace Road, Boston, Massachusetts, March 18, 1990. (“Secrets behind the largest art theft in history” http://www.boston.com/news/specials/gardner_heist/heist/)http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/arttheft/northamerica/us/isabella/isabella.htm
- Even though the security guards had been abducted so the panic button was not pushed, once the first valuable paintings of Vermeer, DEGAS, Rembrandt, the Chinese Antique, or any one of the thirteen pieces of stolen art were touched in anyway, an alarm would have been triggered by the AVANTE ART-GUARDIAN™ and police would have been called. Loss if any could have been reduced.
- Once the security guards discovered the intent of the pretense policemen robbers, and before the security guards were completely subdued, they could have activated their personnel badges to call for the real police. Much or all of the losses could have been prevented.
“Spectacular’ theft nets $163 million in art”, Works by Cezanne, Degas, Monet and Van Gogh among the paintings stolen http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23107193/; “At Zurich Museum, a Theft of 4 Masterworks”, http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/12/world/europe/12swiss.html?hp
- “ZURICH, Switzerland - Three armed men in ski masks stole four paintings by Cezanne, Degas, van Gogh and Monet worth $163.2 million from a Zurich museum in one of Europe’s largest ever art heists," police said Monday.
- Again, once the first valuable paintings of Monet, DEGAS or Rembrandt was touched in anyway, an alarm would have been triggered by the AVANTE ART-GUARDIAN™ and police would have been called. Loss if any could have been reduced.
- Once any of the security guards or staff discovered the intent of the robbers, they could have activated their personnel badges to call for the real police. Much or all of the losses could have been prevented.