News Releases on RFID
RFID News Releases
AVANTE to offer 60-day free trial for its RFID real-time locating solution for data center managementPRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AVANTE is offering a 60-day free trial of its patented real-time locating active RFID solution for data center management. This cost effective data center management solution helps to assure uninterrupted computing services with preventive and predictive real-time temperature and movement data.
What are the benefits of the AVANTE Real-Time Locating System and Personnel-Asset Visibility System in your Data Center?
- Documented compliance of data and system security down to each individual component.
- Real-time location visibility and detailed control on leased and owned assets.
- Ability to document assets and staff relationships from the arrival at dock to disposition.
- Temperature at each server blade is reported in real-time along with its position. This provides a real-time map of temperature distribution and a profile of the data center for pro-active service before systems fail.
How does the AVANTE Real-Time Locating System and Personnel-Asset Visibility System work in the data center environment?
- A ZONER™-ASID active RFID tag of size 1”x2” with temperature and motion sensors is used to tag each server and IT asset.
- A ZONER™-SSID and ZONER™-GPID active RFID tag of ISO card size is used by data center staff and general staff respectively.
- Every second, the ZONER™ transmits asset ID along with exceptions such as movement and temperature excursions beyond normal ranges.
- A grid of four RELAYER™ real-time locating readers is placed on the boundary of the data center to provide the real-time location of all assets and personnel.
- Real-time locations and their respective temperatures are mapped in a visual display with highlights of any anomalies. Reports of the same with display are available from anywhere within this IP-based solution.
The free trial solution includes 30 ZONER™ asset tags, 20 personnel badges, four real-time locating readers, a pair of nodal readers, installation and verification along with .NET framework web-based software solution. AVANTE engineers and sales staff will be happy to provide a free estimate for a full system implementation.
AVANTE, located in Princeton NJ, has more than 10 years of experience and 50 issued and pending patents in active and passive RFID technologies and applications.
AVANTE International Technology, Inc.