Census System with Form Generation and Automatic Data Capturing & Tabulation
Census System and Solution with Automatic Data Capturing Using OMR and ICR Technologies
AVANTE has the only patented, proven technology for capturing data from marked OMR-like forms with error rates less than 1 in 1,5000,000 marks while using multiple purpose commercial-off-the-shelf document imaging equipment. AVANTE pixel-based ballot data capturing and tabulation technology is used in place of traditional discrete sensor and other less accurate OMR paper-based scanning and scoring systems.
- Marks made by students are documented with quantitative pixels rather than standard “YES” or “NO” choices based on specific thresholds of standard discrete sensor systems.
- Proven to capture marked ovals on questionnaires with less than 1 error in 1,500,000 marks.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) tools are used as needed for both type-written and manually written answer deciphering respectively.
- A barcode is used to automatically capture single pages (of multiple page questionnaires) coded with unique identifiers eliminating the need for proper stacking order or orientation.
- Standard office paper is used in place of expensive “OMR” forms to reduce costs.
- Security against tampering is increased with an optional unique and randomly generated test form identifier printed on each test form.
The best solution starts with imaging tests to capture 100% of the data and answers as filled and marked!
Census System with Flexible Form Generation, Automatic Data Capturing and Census Tabulation Solution
AVANTE Census System for preparation, automatic data capturing and tabulation system is an application derived from AVANTE’s proven and patented optical scan Election Management System. The table lists technological advancements of the AVANTE Census System and Solution for capturing and tabulating data from census survey forms.
CENSUS SYSTEM WITH AUTOMATIC DATA CAPTURING AND CENSUS SURVEY TABULATION FROM OMR-ICR CENSUS FORMS (MULTIPLE PAGES)
|TECHNOLOGIES AND/OR PROCESSES||COMMENTS|
|Fast and automatic data capturing from census survey forms that are generated with the flexibility to automatically capture all demographic data including addresses and names||
|Multiple pages for capturing all required and complex data (no limit to the number of questions including all alphanumeric data)||
|May be used to accurately capture data from customized forms of census requirements||
|Automatic compilation of answers captured from individual questions provides statistics based on specific census data.||
|Ideal for large scale and complex national, state, provincial and organizational census and surveys||
Some key characteristics of AVANTE’s Census System and Solution for census form data capturing and census tabulation:
- Flexible form generation and question formats for direct and automatic data capturing of names, addresses and other demographic data that may otherwise need to be keyed in manually.
- Uses Microsoft Windows-based applications which are easy to learn and use.
- Census and survey questions are formatted in standard MS “Word” formats that can be printed using standard laser printers or for high volume, sent to outside professional printers.
Key Capabilities of AVANTE Census Preparation & Data Capturing and Tabulation System:
- Finished tests can be scored with standard document imaging scanners able to capture digital images with better than 200 dpi.
- Census can be printed on standard office paper or special form papers in standard US and European size formats.
- Names, addresses and other demographic data that normally requires manually data entry are automatically captured.
- Along with standard multiple choice tests, ranked choices tests are also available.