Cold Chain Logistics of Storage Monitoring
End-to-end cold chain logistics of refrigerated containers and refrigerated warehouse cold storage monitoring services and proper management represents a win for everyone!
Besides traditional GPS locations and any deviation from the geo-fencing based on the designated trip during the transportation phase of a refrigerated container, the following additional security and safety to the food, vaccine or pharmaceutical shipments are also achieved when the refrigerated warehouse storage is also monitored with ZONER-RELAYER systems.
Temperature-Humidity Monitoring On-and-Of the Products
- By placing the ZONER devices on or near the product pallets, the temperature and humidity of the products can be monitored. This contrasts with the traditional temperature monitoring of the cold chain storage that may fluctuate in temperature depending on the packing airflow and location.
Real-Time Alerts for Corrective Actions
- The data sensed by the ZONER devices are transmitted every few seconds via RELAYER to the AVANTE data center to provide real-time conditions of the pallet and storage conditions to users and management via role-based web access.
- Any exceptions such as temperature-approaching-out-of-range, intrusion into the storage area in unauthorized locations or conditions, and other exceptions are reported in real-time by ZONER and RELAYER to the data center.
- The DC and other storage management get alerts via short messages (SMS), email, phone and other communication means.
- Reefer door open-close and durations are monitored along with all other relevant conditions such as temperature and humidity along with shock and intrusions.
- DC Warehouse spatial fluctuations are monitored along with all other relevant conditions such as temperature and humidity.
- AVANTE electronic cargo tracking system for cold chain logistics security and safety is the first patented solution that provides association of TWIC and other personnel involved in the storage and shipment processes.
- The panic button enables the workers and staff to ask for help when needed.
COVERT MONITORING OPTION
- ZONER-RELAYER real-time monitoring system and services are available for covert configuration and monitoring.
COLD CHAIN LOGISTICS WITH REAL-TIME ALERTS OF TEMPERATURE AND/OR MOISTURE EXCEPTIONS WITHIN A REFRIGERATED WAREHOUSE COLD STORAGE FACILITY
While refrigerated container transportation in cold chain logistics is the most vulnerable phase of end-to-end cold chain safety and security monitoring, conditions of the refrigerated warehouse distribution center (DC) and other cold storage facilities are also important parts of cold chain logistics. Traditional data loggers record temperature and/or humidity and report after the fact. While “post mortem” data is useful for attributing responsibility in case of failure, it does not prevent potential productivity lapses or loss of food-goods and/or spoilage of vaccines and pharmaceutical supplies.
Instead of the traditional “first-in-first-out” (FIFO) approach, AVANTE’s cold chain monitoring solution maintains end-to-end visibility of the products being managed which enables a “first-expire-first-out” (FEFO) approach to ensure optimal cold chain transportation
PanaSec-AVANTE has developed and made available monitoring services to the cold chain logistics industry based on the following goals:
- “FEFO” vs. “FIFO” with Verifiable Temperature-Humidity History ON-and-OF the Products
- Real-Time Alerts of Exceptions for Corrective Actions
- End-to-End Verifiable Certification
PanaSec-AVANTE is proud to provide end-to-end monitoring services with innovations enabled with the US 7,342,497; 7,423,535; 7,319,397; 7,513,425; 6,883,710; 7,036,729; 6,703,935; 6,696,954; 6,943,688; 6,665,543; and other pending US patents.
The following are illustrations of the configuration for ZONER sensor devices for monitoring temperature, humidity, shock, intrusion, light and sound. ZONER badges for personnel involved in the cold chain logistics and a monitoring RELAYER reporting the conditions periodically and exceptions in real-time are also depicted