RFID Access Control System & Time-Attendance Management Solution
AVANTE PAVS-100 system is a starter kit of the state-of-the-art access control system that can control two access points. The controller has enough power to control typical electric door strikes and bolts or, using relays, can control gates and magnetic lock systems. Each controller can connect up to two time-attendance management swipe card units for traditional passive RFID access control. The system can be integrated and upgraded to the full PAVS-300 system.
For more information on other applications:
- Data Center Application
- Hospital Healthcare Application
- Art and Collectible Protection
- Workplace Safety and Security
- Campus Environment Security
- Small Business Access Control Management
- Apartment and Gated Community Access Management
Some Frequently Asked Questions on AVANTE Scalable Assets and Personnel Access Control Management and Visibility System
What pre-packaged kits are available?
- AVANTE PAVS-100 starter kits pre-packaged for small businesses. PAVS-100 provides hardware and software for a full system application of one access door and up to 30 users.
How many access points can one control with the basic PAVS-100 RFID access control system?
- AVANTE PAVS-100 can control up to 2 access points and 2 time-attendance recorders. AVANTE PAVS-100 can be expanded without limit. System expansion is typically via Ethernet (TCP/IP) with optional RS-485 communications.
How does the AVANTE PAVS-100 software communicate to the AVANTE PAVS-100 RFID access control system panel?
- AVANTE PAVS-100 controller panels communicate using Ethernet communications for optimum scalability and compatibility (with RS-485 or RS-232 optional protocols for use with other legacy systems).
Can I upgrade my PAVS-100 access control management system software to PAVS-300 personnel and asset visibility system?
- Yes. All AVANTE Personnel and Asset Visibility System (PAVS) are compatible. You may need to add hardware such as RELAYER™ readers and change the standard ISO cards to AVANTE ZONER™ badges.
What are the minimum PC requirements to run the PAVS-100 RFID access control system software?
- Pentium II 400 MHz CPU
- 256 Megabytes of RAM (512 megabytes recommended)
- 20 Gigabyte hard drive
- 2 serial and 2 USB communication ports
- Backup device (Tape Drive, DVD/CD burner, Network backup utility)
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro; Windows 2003 Pro / Server (SP4) and above.
What database engine does the PAVS-100 RFID access control system software use?
- Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE)
What is the maximum distance I can run the Ethernet connection?
- The industry standard for Ethernet is limited to 100 meters or 330 feet.
Can the PAVS control panel run in a LAN/WAN environment?
- Yes. All AVANTE PAVS-100 controller panels are directly TCP/IP compatible. There is no practical limit to how many PAVS-100 controller panels that can be connected to LAN/WAN environment.
Does the PAVS-100 access control system controller panel support Anti-Passback?
Are there expansion ports in PAVS-100 access control system control panel for other applications?
- Yes. AVANTE PAVS-100 can provide 4 extra ports for incorporation of sensors and other devices.
SCALABLE RFID ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEM and TIME-ATTENDANCE MANAGEMENT SOLUTION
PAVS-100 System: Wiegand Reader, Access Controller, RFID Access Control Cards and Access Control Software
The AVANTE ACCESS-TRAKKER® PAVS100 is a total personnel visibility system designed to provide a basic RFID access control and time-attendance management system with nodal visibility. This basic RFID access control system is engineered to be expandable and upgradeable. The system can be scaled upward and fully integrated with our other products to provide real-time visibility for emergency and evacuation management no matter how large your organization grows.
The basic AVANTE ACCESS-TRAKKER® PAVS100 RFID access control system kit includes the following for a small business:
- AVANTE ACCESS-TRAKKER® PAVS100 Controller with 4 access control ports that can control up to 4 electronically controlled doors or gates or other Wiegand compliant devices.
- It can be used as a combination gate/door access controller and time-attendance management system.
- For time-attendance applications, two Wiegand readers are used for time stamping(one each for “IN” and for “OUT”).
- You do not need to buy another controller for the next three access doors/gates. The same controller records the entries/exits for up to 4 different doors/gates.
- You do not need to have a computer online. The controllers keep track of more than 60,000 records (expandable to more than 100 times that with optional memory upgrade) in first-in-first-out cyclic memory mode. You can download data anytime.
- The same controller includes 8 12-24VDC @1.0 Amp relay controls for standard strikes and bolts. You save on buying AC to DC converters.
- Built-in high precision real-time clock.
- 32-bit processor.
- No limit on users.
- Ethernet, RS485 and RS232 communications.
- Windows® 2003 Professional and XP Professional compatible.
- Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE)
- One Wiegand RFID reader (based on ISO 14443A or ISO 15693 protocols).
- A starter access control supply of 30 standard ISO cards.
- A single user software license for issuing access control cards, reporting and management of access.
- As your needs increase, you can buy three additional Wiegand readers for controlling more access doors/gates or use a set of two for time-attendance management.
The availability of Wiegand interface and RFID access control readers from AVANTE allows ease of integration with existing electronic access control systems.
If you want to increase granularity of personnel visibility or your business grows to require control of more than 4 doors/gates, AVANTE PAVS-100 is designed for ultimate scalability and can be expanded without limit:
- You can add any number of controller boxes for any number of access points.
- You can add as many layers and levels of access control management as you need.
- You can upgrade to use the AVANTE patent-pending active-passive combo ZONER™ card system and active RELAYER™ readers to provide the ultimate non-obtrusive and non-intrusive system, which can record entry and exit to specific doors/gates and provide instant emergency and evacuation management data.
- Each of the ZONER™ badges includes an emergency or panic call button that initiates real-time locating capability to provide personal emergency assistance.
- Under emergency conditions with proper authorization, the system can initiate the more advanced real-time locating system (assuming additional hardware for RTLS network of readers is installed). Real-time locating capability can only be initiated by the badge holder or by emergency management personnel.
- IR and other sensors can be added to provide additional access control management.
- Video can be integrated with AVANTE PAVS-100 for additional security and complementary visibility.
- Fully compatible and may be integrated with other access control systems, such as GE Access Control System (“Secure Perfect”), Honeywell Access Control Systems, etc.
AVANTE PAVS-100 system is a starter kit version of the PAVS-300. It is a state-of-the-art access control system that can control two access points with power enough to control typical electric door strikes or bolts and, using relays, control gates and magnetic lock systems as well as two time-attendance management swipe card units with traditional passive RFID access control cards. The PAVS-100 system can be integrated and upgraded to a full PAVS-300 system.
AVANTE Personnel and Assets Visibility System (PAVS-300) represents the state-of-the-art access control management solution. It incorporates the AVANTE patented and patent-pending RFID access control system technologies of dynamic signal strength of active RFID personnel badges. The combination of daily nodal local access control and monitoring at low signal strength with “on-demand” and “upon-command” high signal strength for real-time locating system enhances emergency and evacuation management. The traditional short-range secure access control passive RFID card is embedded in the access card along with a traditional access card reader for a traditional access control system application using industrial standard of Wiegand communication protocol.
For dangerous work environments such as mining, chemical, nuclear, and other safety-first working environments, AVANTE PAVS-300 may be programmed to run in real-time locating mode at all times.