Cold-Chain Transportation Logistics & Storage Visibility
COLD CHAIN LOGISTICS MONITORING SOLUTION AND SERVICES FOR TRACKING TRANSPORTATION & STORAGE FOR VACCINE, DRUGS AND FOOD SECURITY AND SAFETY
AVANTE provides web-based 24/7 end-to-end cold chain security tracking and monitoring solution and services of using its RFID ZONER™-RELAYER™ asset temperature-shock monitoring device with optional moisture sensor embedded in the container security devices. Besides having fixed site monitoring systems in yards and warehouses, the RELAYER placed in truck cab equipped with GPS for real-time geo-location and GPRS with optional satellite communication is used to provide real-time communications of exceptions in temperature, shock and moisture along with alerts of unauthorized container and trailer intrusion. Periodic reporting of locations and conditions inside the container-trailer complete the end-to-end security monitoring services.
To provide a holistic picture of the supply chain security, drivers and other transportation staff are to wear ZONER personnel badges and are associated with the specific shipment:
- Leasing of a set of SMART-TRAKKER™ consisting of one set of RFID ZONER™-RELAYER™ container security devices (two ZONER™-CTID tags, as many as required ZONER™-PBID for pallets and contents, and one RELAYER™-CTOR), three personnel ZONER™-SSID badges, and one carrier-based communicator of RELAYER™-CTCR (equipped with GPS, GPRS and SATCOM).
- Optional fix site installation of networks of nodal and real-time locating system of RELAYER™-RTLS readers along the supply chain. Optional asset-based temperature-shock ZONER™-PBID tags for real-time monitoring and reporting of perishable product conditions to staff onsite and management to facilitate corrective actions and prevention of spoilage.
- Flexible service charges based on scheduled regular reporting and real-time exception reporting. This cost effective cold chain management system and services does not require capital investment. Return of investment (ROI) in using this patented perishable cargo transport security system is immediate and can be tailored to your specific requirements. Ideal for shipping and storage of temperature sensitive vaccines, pharmaceuticals and food products.
Some aspects of the cold chain monitoring solution and applications are covered by one or more of the following US patents: 7,513,425; 7,508,308; 7,501,954; 7,423,535; 7,382,255; 7,342,497; 7,319,397; 7,158,030; 7,098,793; 7,036,729; 6,961,000; 6,943,688; 6,883,710; 6,703,935; 6,696,954; 6,657,543; and other pending patents.
Verification of spoiled vaccine is critical. Ability to call for corrective actions before they are spoiled may save lives.
Verification of spoiled food is a waste of resources. Ability to call for corrective actions before they are spoiled may pay for immediate return of investment.
AVANTE COLD-CHAIN SECURITY MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT SOLUTION uses its embedded temperature sensors on active RFID ZONER™ tags placed in a refrigerated shipping container or cargo carrier to document temperatures measurements and any exceptions beyond acceptable ranges. Coupling with driver and staff personnel tag and onboard RELAYER™ reader-monitor and cellular and/or satellite communication network, real-time visibility of the conditions and locations of valuable cold chain assets can be realized.
The patent-pending active ZONER™ tag differs from traditional active tags by emitting an identified signal strength with adjustable communication ranges of 3 to 100 meters. The device emits beacon signals and data including at least the tag ID, transmitted signal strength, remaining battery level and temperatures along with other sensors such as humidity and shock-occurrence at a programmable time period or data packets on-demand. The RELAYER™ reader-monitor records the data along with received signal strength indicator for box integrity. Based on the business rules and requirements such data may be transmitted via cellular and/or satellite communication networks to monitoring centers periodically or as-occurred for any exceptional conditions.
AVANTE pioneered the use and patented the first RFID technology for tracking and tracing of personnel and assets over multiple locations and physical and IT network. This capability is strengthened with the issuing of multiple US patents on “Article Tracking System and Method” (US 6,883,710 and 7,036,729) along with multiple pending patents. “The basis of the innovation is the gathering of RFID tag data in different tracking stations that are distributed over wide areas. The data is shared between stations to users over the Internet and other communication means,” said Dr. Kevin Chung, CEO of AVANTE. “This patented solution provides true end-to-end visibility to secure the supply chain.”
For more information on how AVANTE Supply Chain Security Monitoring Services provides return on your investment, please refer to the following brochures:
Securing Vaccines, Pharmaceuticals and Food Supply Chain Safety and Security with AVANTE Integrated Real-Time End-to-End Cold Chain Logistics and Refrigerated Container Monitoring System and Services
In a new paradigm, AVANTE active RFID with temperature, humidity, shock and other sensors coupled with GPS, GPRS and SATCOM provide unparalleled real-time end-to-end cold-chain refrigerated container transportation and refrigerated warehouse storage monitoring. Short message services (SMS), email, defined alerts and optional call center services are provided as part of the end-to-end cold chain logistics (CCL) and hazard analysis and critical Control Point (HACCP) monitoring management and compliance certification services.
Many aspects of the Cargo Tracking Solution and particularly for security and safety of cargo transport application have been tested and verified by EPA EVT program.
The U.S. EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV) provides credible performance data for innovative commercial-ready environmental technologies to help speed their implementation for the benefit of purchasers, permit holders, vendors, and the public. Additional information is available on the ETV Web Site at www.epa.gov/etv
Whenever any exceptions inside the refrigerated container or refrigerated warehouse occurs, a real-time alerts of locations and conditions are provided to those that can provide possible corrective actions in vaccines, pharmaceutical and perishable food supply chain:
- ZONER™ tags transmit temperature data and other conditions to the exterior monitoring RELAYER™ readers equipped with GPRS and/or satellite communication links for real-time alerts of exceptions and/or intrusion.
- Automatic and real-time phone alerts of any exceptions for possible corrective actions. Phone and text messaging are used for real-time alerts of any exceptions and potential damage.
- ZONER™ personnel badges worn by driver and staff associated with specific shipment provide unparalleled accountability.
- Ability to alert the management and the onsite drivers or transportation workers in real-time of any exceptions and problems that are ACTIONABLE may help to prevent damage to the valuable products.
- Web-based real-time reporting of all position-time (route and geo-fencing), temperature and moisture exceptions, shock and other exceptions, and opening of storage with or without proper personnel are unique to the AVANTE solution.
- All realtime data is also saved, including intrusion and tampering events, and can be downloaded at the receiving end into a complete audit trail database.
- All electronic data and indicators are supplemental to the human visual alerts and labels.
- All data are captured and stored in FIFO cyclic internal flash memory as backup and additional documentation. The same attribution and accountability of responsibility still exists and on top of any corrective actions that may or may not have been carried out.
- All RELAYER™ communication links include GPS data for real-time end-to-end cold chain transportation visibility.
AVANTE Cold-Chain Logistics for refrigerated container monitoring and cold chain refrigerated warehouse storage help to save lives not just money.
|Integrated Cold-Chain Logistics of Refrigerated Container and Warehouse Storage Management with Real-Time Monitoring and Alerts Services Provides Immediate and Positive “Return of Investment” For Every Use|
|Requirements and Needs||Traditional Solutions||AVANTE END-TO-END COLD-CHAIN TRACKING SOLUTION|
Ideal temperatures are variable
Monitoring vaccines and Pharmaceuticals
Monitoring Food Supply Chain
Benefits of Cold Chain Logistics for Transportation and Storage Monitoring Services
AVANTE cold chain monitoring solution represents a paradigm shift from accounting and attribution after spoilage and loss to preventive and corrective actions to safeguard products that may means life or death whenever critical vaccines and medications are involved.
- Real-time alerts via sms phone/text messaging and real-time web-based reporting of any exceptions and suggestions for possible corrective actions by onsite drivers or staff for possible prevention of spoilage.
- 24/7 end-to-end visibility of conditions and locations of valuable perishable goods via web-based data center with role-based access management.
Real-Time Cold-Chain Monitoring Solution and Services and Cold Chain Visibility includes:
- During shipping and transportation.
- Fixed site storage conditions.
- True temperature by directly embedded with the products rather than at the door.
- Temperature accuracy to 0.5°C at the content rather than air near the door.
- Temperature distribution at the refrigerated goods with multiple ZONER tags to allow corrective actions due to airflow inbalance.
- Optional shock data and exceptions in all three directions.
- Optional humidity conditions.
- Whenever, wherever, and for how long the reefer trailer or reefer container is open. Where is the driver at all time.
- Determining is the reefer conditions and possible maintenance and repair requirement.