Enabling Intermodal Container Intrusion Detection
AVANTE CONTAINER TRANSPORT SECURITY SYSTEM AND SERVICES
AVANTE provides web-based 24/7 end-to-end tracking services of cargo using its RFID ZONER™-RELAYER™ container security devices, carrier-based and yard based fixed site communication links and association of personnel badges to provide cargo container visibility and security management:
- Leasing a set of SMART-TRAKKER™ consists of one set of RFID ZONER™-RELAYER™ container security devices (two ZONER™-CTID tags and one RELAYER™-CTOR), three personnel ZONER™-SSID badges, and one carrier-based communicator RELAYER™-CTCR (equipped with GPS, GPRS and SATCOM).
- Optional fixed site installation of networks of nodal and real-time locating system of RELAYER™-RTLS readers along the supply chain.
- Flexible service charges based on scheduled regular reporting and real-time exception reporting. This cost effective supply chain security system and visibility solution does not require capital investment. Return of investment (ROI) in using this patented transport security system is immediate and can be tailored to your specific requirements.
By using the signal strength attenuation characteristics intrinsic to the steel intermodal container box for container security management, two or more active ZONER™ RFID tags placed inside the intermodal container coupled with a RELAYER™ RFID reader placed on the outside of the intermodal container can monitor not only door openings but also cut holes as small as a few square inches. The communication between the ZONER™ RFID tags inside the container and the RELAYER™ RFID reader attached to the outside containers and the ability to record the message of any exceptions such as excessive variation of signal strengths over an extended period of time (more than few seconds) will indicate the opening of a door or cut hole. The presence or absence of “talks” between the ZONER™ RFID tags and RELAYER™ RFID readers provide documentation and proof of any potential tampering in real-time.
Inspection of containers for container security management is not only labor intensive and but it is not particularly effective when such containers have already arrived at our seaports with weapons-of-mass destruction.
AVANTE CONTAINER TRANSPORT SECURITY SYSTEM AND SERVICES IS PART OF THE TOTAL SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY SOLUTION
The Figure below of the AVANTE container security management solution is a pictorial representation of how the system effectively detects the slightest opening of a container within seconds. This basic technology developed in 2005 has since improved with a quantitative measurement of RSSI every 2 seconds.
Detection of intrusion or unauthorized access to a container is futile unless the container security management system can report the potential dangers to the proper authorities for action.
- A grid or network of RELAYER™ RFID monitors communicate with the RELAYER™ RFID reader on the containers in real-time whenever any tampering by intrusion or exceptions that are important to business practices such as temperature excursions beyond the allowed range, etc are detected.
- These grids or networks of RELAYER™ RFID monitors can be installed in seaports, container yards, and onboard ship decks. These low cost monitoring networks are easlly installed in any infrastructure.
- When the containers are in transit on land, additional security against theft and other tampering is achieved via the integrated use of a cellular and/or satellite communication module. The patents pending application also incorporate the monitoring of RFID personnel badges of staff and drivers that work on the containers during its stuffing, unloading or transit.
INTERMODAL CONTAINER INTRUSION DETECTION AND REAL-TIME REPORTING SYSTEM IS A CRITICAL COMPONENT OF THE AVANTE CONTAINER TRANSPORT SECURITY SYSTEM
AVANTE believes its RFID ZONER™-RELAYER™ system and technology is the first true intermodal container security management solution that can monitor intrusion from any one of the six container surfaces. This long-awaited intermodal container security management solution provides both tool and system level management based on patented RFID applications. The patented RFID system enhances intermodal container security management and resolves all of the known inadecquacies and hurdles that have prevented such critical security from being implemented:
- RFID ZONER™ tags are in constant communication with the RELAYER™ reader located on the outside of the intermodal container to provide positive proof that the container security device is indeed associated with the intended container.
- Multiple changes in signal strength of the communication packets over a period of several seconds are used to determine if an actual intrusion has occurred rather than shock and vibration during normal intermodal container transport. RFID signal strength changes have been proven to be effective detecting even small cut holes on any of the intermodal container surfaces. Additional sensor data such as shock, sound and light measurements are used as ancillary evidence for real intrusion. The intelligent design and diverse data collection of the AVANTE RFID ZONER™-RELAYER™ system eliminates common common false positives.
- The locating of the RELAYER™ reader outside of each intermodal container that are programmed to communicate with either fixed site or ad hoc RELAYER™ monitors communicate with readers on containers for real-time reporting of intrusion and exceptions. In case of transport over truck and rail, each of these transport carriers when equipped with RELAYER™ monitors that are embedded with GPS/Cellular and/or Satellite communication modules provide real-time reporting capability.
- RFID ZONER™ tags are low profile and are equipped with magnetic holders to allow easy attachment inside the “ridges” inside the container in seconds.
- RELAYER™ reader is also low profile with inside antenna equipped with magnetic holders to be placed on the outside “ridges” of the container in seconds.
- Both ZONER™ tags and RELAYER™ readers are equipped with Lithium battery packs for continuous operation of five years. They are maintenance free and NEMA level sealed from moisture and tampering.